Thursday, October 30, 2008

stories

A few neat stories to share that happened this week. Elisa and I gathered the kids and took a Tuk Tuk (small electric powered bus) to Thamel (downtown Kathmandu). The little Tuk Tuk wound its way through the streets and in the middle of no where the driver told us to get out as this was our bus stop.....a Nepali man sitting beside me piped up (in perfect english)and stated that we should continue further and explained this to the driver. This kind gentleman got out at our proper bus stop and guided us to our destination. Reminds me of Psalm 139 vs5,6 (....the girls think the man was an angel sent by God).
As we were walking in Thamel we encountered a lady on the ground with a withered leg begging for money. Without hesitation Anya handed the lady her water bottle and the lady's eyes started to well up. That same day as we were making our way back Emielia and Ava gave their water bottle to a man with leprosy...his fingers were missing and appeared to be blind in one eye. Later when we got home the girls prayed for these people and inside I felt the delight of our Father.
Yesterday, De pock (a street boy with a head injury) came to the church compound to visit. He started to play trucks with Anya ....I approached him and he put out his hand and asked for 1 rupee (approximately 1.5 cdn cents) I called Ava and we served him digestive cookies ,a glass of sprite and a package of Mr. noodles. He repeatedly stated dhanyabaad,dhanyabaad (thank you, thank you) and went on his way. I later thought maybe that was Jesus in disguise as it felt like we were serving a King.
rj

8 comments:

Marlese Hazeu said...

Rod, my heart is warmed to hear your children experience God in such a powerful, real way. Way to show them how to be Jesus to the world.

Michelle Santschi said...

Oh, I love those stories of the girls reaching out. Brings tears to my eyes. This will be a trip they won't forget. Aren't you glad you went, when you see things like this?

Trish Franklin said...

okay...I'm crying....how beautiful!! EXACTLY what this trip is supposed to do for your girls and for both of you Rod and Elisa....
...I'm so looking forward to getting to Grenada with my girls...I'm so glad that you were able to do this!

Deanna Momtchilov said...

Although I'm sure there are hardships, I am jealous of this opportunity you are giving your family to serve Jesus! Lifetime memories and life-altering experiences. Way to go!

Becky said...

Those three beautiful little white girls with their wings folded neatly under their shirts. What wonderful little blessings they are! Thanks for the stories and for your awesome faithfulness in following your call to Nepal. Wow. I'm with Trish, crying as I write. Love you guys.

charlotte mgcc said...

oh my goodness....could Jesus speak any louder in such soft and gentle ways....your girls were the hands and feet of Jesus, how beautiful.

Sherry said...

Bri had a folded note in her backpack and she agreed to let me share it..."Dear Emielia, Ava, Enya, Elisa, Rod, I miss you so much I can't wait to see you again. NiƱa and Rebekah miss you too. Your friend Brianna" Your blogs are an inspiration to read and a reminder to appreciate all we have including each other. TTYS :)

geoffpenner said...

so good! great to be chatting and hearing whats up!! are we coming back to canada? if God says so....house has not been on market, but hopefully next week!! let you know