Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sister Ava :)

Hi folks,

Our family has been healthy generally except for the occasional 24 hour stomach flu. Lately I have been doing a lot of 'home' care nursing in Kathmandu. A lady (Sushila) from church was brought to my attention last Saturday whom had a nasty wound to her little toe (to the bone). It was left for a long time and she was in extreme pain but was stoically trying to hide it. The reason she left it so long was because she didn't have the $5.00 to see a Doctor. Sushila is a widow who looks after 2 boys and a girl. They are very poor but the have the most amazing smiles. I took her to the Patan Hospital to see a Dr. who was very accommodating and now I am doing daily dressing changes at her home. Yesterday Ava was my nurse assistance which was fun to see. Ava and I then thought it would be good to buy some Mango juice's and snacks and give them to the Lepers laying on the Street. I could tell that Her little smile warmed the hearts of these precious people.
The past week I think I have shed more tears of repentance, sadness and Joy than the whole trip combined. I believe God is bring me to the place where I hold back nothing thing and to serve Him/others completely.....I hope He succeeds.
rj

No comments: